Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Wedding Pillow

 

Today I want to share with you the pillow project that has been keeping me so very busy.  I am not complaining.  I am happy to be busy.


We are headed into Wedding Season, so I created these sweet Wedding Pillows for my sale last week.  My inspiration was carved initials in a tree. There is something so sweet,simple, and lasting in seeing a couple's initials carved into a tree.  Each pillow is monogrammed with the couple's first initials on the front, and then in a small heart on the back of the pillow is the couple's wedding date. 


I used homespun linen to create this pillow, with a beige embroidery thread.  Homespun linen is linen is fabric that was weaved by hand 80-120 years ago by European women at their home looms.  Homespun linen is a rare find, so if you want to recreate the look, using a new heavy weight linen will also work. 


These pillows are approximately 25 inches long by 17 inches high.  Because of the size, a standard down pillow will work as the form. They are the perfect size for a bed, or couch. 





I would love to hear what you think about this pillow. 

Thanks for joining me today!

Rebekah

I am linking up here....

Southern Savy





6 comments:

  1. LOVE at first sight! Those pillows are to die for. I love the simplicity in the color combination and they look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And thank you so much for the inspiration with this idea! My sister is getting married and I was killing myself trying to come up with the perfect gift. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so sweet and pretty!
    Thanks for linking up - so happy you did!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  4. where can I buy one of these pillows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message me on Facebook at Woven Home. Hope to hear from you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity